Thursday, August 17, 2006

Jury Duty, Books and an Old Friend

I just wrapped up Jury Duty. I was called for a week, but only needed to be there 2.5 days. Of those days I sat in the jury assembly room 90% of the time and read some books. I made it into the court room twice, but was never called to sit in the jury panel. No one asked questions, and I didn't get on a jury. I would really like to do so, and although I understand simply by being present I was participating and helping, it would have been nice to see the whole process.

One of the books I read while on Jury Duty was 1776 by David McCullough. I would HIGHLY recommend it. I'm a Revolutionary War buff, and learned a great many new things. All of McCullough's subjects came to live vividly. It was an entertaining and informative read.

I got an e-mail today from an old friend. Someone I had not heard from since the mid 1980's. He saw my posts on some gaming sites and dropped me a line. It was a very pleasant surprise. Hopefully we'll write from time to time.

No comments: