Friday, December 01, 2006

Winter Storm

We had a winter storm in Central Illinois last night and it's continuing now. Last night we had a lot of ice on the trees. I can normally walk under the limbs of the tree in my front yard, and they were so heavy with ice they were touching the ground.

It warmed up a bit in the morning and the ice melts, but we're getting some snow now. It was slick on the roads and visibility was extremely limited due to white out conditions, but it's supposed to improve by noon. Other areas were much harder hit than Champaign, IL. My folks live about 20-30 minutes west and they had no power or heat last nigh and this morning.

The company I work for is supposed to have a Holiday Party tonight. I'm speculating it will be canceled due to the storm, but you never no. Too bad if it is, it's always a fun time.

No comments: