Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Youngest Son is very aware

My youngest son likes to make things out of paper, and has made a few cards and letters for my friend Bruce. We've hand delivered some and send others to him at work (I work with Bruce).

Last night he drew something, put it in a box, wrapped the box with printer paper, attached a 'card' that he made, and told me it was for one of his pre-school teachers. This is within the scope of things he normally does so I didn't think about it too much, but my wife and I felt a little odd that he had done this for ONE teacher and didn't want to start bringing wrapped boxes to school everyday. We didn't want to stifle his kindness or creativity but I was watching this closely.

I explained to the teacher who was present at his school what it was and who it was for. She told me it was the birthday of the teacher my son made the present for. I was stunned that my son, who is four, had the awareness to think about this, remember it, come up with a plan, and execute it. I was impressed and touched by his behavior.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is so sweet Ernie :) I just love little stories like this! Mine cheered me on when I was cleaning his room. "not sure this is a good thing" as he did not help, but cheered me on? "sighs" he turned 3 two months ago. He watches some show that sings "Clean it up" Oh how he loves the song, just needs to grasp what it is about! lol

Michele

Ernie Noa said...

Thanks Michele! They are good boys. The two young ones sure no how to fight and sometimes that's all I can see and hear but I do my best to focus on the many positive and wonderful things they do.

Nice to see you have crossed over from the gaming blog. I feel like I have a country/pop crossover song or something. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit Rock-n-Roll? You know. I am REALLY showing off my age quoting that. And if no one knows where it came from. I'm older than I thought. lol

Ernie Noa said...

I've got it... you've only got a few years on me if I recall correctly.

Anonymous said...

Ummm. can't remember how old you are. lol I know your 30 something. I am 29 again for the 12th year! Or 41 is you must be technical about it :P

Ernie Noa said...

I'm 37, pretty close. I often have to ask my wife how old I am. I keep forgetting.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous and 40 creeping around the corner! How exciting huh? lol

I'm perfectly ok with my age. It is great to be 29 for 12 years running! :D

Ernie Noa said...

Yeah, it's not too far off. No big deal. I always tell my wife I'm really old and she gives me this funny look and tells me I'm crazy. I still say I'm old but it's largely to see her funny reaction. :-)