Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Fishman Cometh

Last Friday at during a Lunch & Learn (training) meeting I won a major award. No, not a leg lamp, nor a Red Rider BB Gun, I won a jar of Pickled Red Fish. Although I was not inclined to eat it, my 14 year old son was keen to give it a try. When he saw the fish first hand he decided
discretion was indeed the better part of valor and much to his mother's
relief he changed his mind. Thus there were no brave souls at the Noa
household willing to tackle the pickled major award.

Two co-workers had expressed interest in the fish, so I brought it
back to work with me yesterday morning. They did indeed sample the fish
and reported first hand that it was indeed edible, despite a rather
pungent odor. Both felt that one bite of the delicacy was more than
enough to satisfy their culinary curiosity, so I was still left with one
jar of Picked Red Fish.

If sent an email to the rest of the office offering them a taste or if they were inclined the entire jar. I did warn them to hurry as the hazardous
materials team will be arriving later this week to carefully dispose of
whatever remains.

No comments: