Saturday, March 20, 2010

Great Family Day

I spent most of the day with my family.

My younger two kids had Tae Kwon Do belt tests. My youngest earned his first belt, a yellow belt, and my middle son earned his third belt, a green belt. My oldest was there for one of the tests to support an encourage his younger brother.

This was followed by a play date for my middle son, which went extremely well. Everyone played well, no fights, and they kept themselves very well occupied.

Next it was off to my folks. My dad was teaching my wonderful wife about woodworking. She has a lot of intrest in the topic and a lot of interest in tinkering with light home repairs. My father is a home repair and woodworking guru. We had a light dinner with my parents (which was great), relaxed and headed home.

The kids went to bed I was surprised to see my middle son appear in the door of the home office. My wife was working and I was keeping her company working on a hobby of mine. At any rate, my middle son gave us a hand written note which read:


Dear Parents,
Thank you for a home and food and shelter and cloze and freinds and helping me on my blet test. Love [middle sons name]


This was followed by a copy of his schedule for tomorrow, which included 'fun with parents among other things. At the bottom was a picture of my wife, him and me.

How cool is that.

No comments: