Sunday, November 06, 2011

Lots of cooking and lots of kids

Lots of cooking and lots of kids this weekend. Yesterday I made Italian Beef and Risotto. Today I am making turkey and beef chili. I'm using up a lot of leftovers and things in the cupboard. It's funny with three young boys we seem to go through food at an alarming rate, yet it's also spilling off the counters on the floors with regularity. When I moved into my current house I thought the kitchen and house were huge and would never be filled. Now it feels like we are bursting at the seems. Despite all the food I picked up four pizzas this afternoon. My eldest son has two classmates over. They are trying to build a bridge out of toothpicks for science class. My two younger sons each have a friend over. Grabbing a couple of pizzas seemed like a good move, but no one is hungry. I guess we'll have even more leftovers.

No comments: