Monday, August 11, 2008

More Foot News

It's time for Foot Surgery, round two!

I saw the surgeon today and as expected talked to him about removing the screw from my right foot. This is a five minute procedure and they won't put my out completely but they will send me to 'dreamland' as they put it. This is classified as a surgery, so I get to go through the entire pre-op procedure again, curtailing medication, having a pre-op physical, fasting, etc... Afterwards I will walk out on my own two feet, and I will be in a post op-shoe/slipper.

The downside of all this is I will miss two days of work and I will need someone to drive me home from the surgi-center and stay with me for 24 hours while the anesthetic wears off.

The bottom line is although the screw removal is indeed a five minute procedure, it's all a bit more involved than it appeared to be.

No comments: