Thursday, September 13, 2012

Netflix and Comcast


I watch netflix instant regularly on my two roku devices and on my PC.  I've enjoyed HD  video for over a year. Two weeks ago the picture degraded and is worse than SD.  It's not a bandwidth issue or a wireless signal issue.  I've eliminated both.  I called netflix twice.  They believe comcast, my cable company is throttling them.   This fits, since I have ample bandwidth and other services, like Amazon still produce a good HD signal.  Netflix will email me data they have used to determine this.  I will share it with Comcast and see where I can get.  Wish me luck.

UPDATE:
I had an online chat with a support person at Comcast.  Comcast believes netflix is as fault.  Although the issue has not been resolved, Comcast agreed to work directly with netflix to resolve the issue.  I was pleased they were willing to take this step.

No comments: