Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Problems Burning a BluRay

Does anyone out there have experience burning bluray discs? I've prepped many videos and can burn DVDs easily, but I'm having trouble burning blurays. They play fine on my computers, but not on my bluray players. I'm guessing it's a compatibility issue with my slightly older, entry level bluray players, but I'm not sure. Send me a message if you have any experience with this. I've been googling this for weeks, but I'm not making much headway.

I have been fiddling with the encoding and other output options. I finally rendered a blu-ray disc that plays properly on my blu-ray problem, but despite being rendered in 1080p I can only get it to play in 480i. UGH! I suppose that's progress. I have another burn rendered differently, hopefully that will work a little better.

I've been comparing the blu-ray to the DVD I prepped. The video on the DVD is smoother, the blu-ray is jittery. Hmmm..... Hopefully the other compression on my next burn will help. There isn't a lot of clear info out there. I suspect I am fighting the two blu-ray players I own as much as anything else.

No comments: