Saturday, April 05, 2008

Sister's Wedding

My sister is getting married this weekend. She and my brother-in-law have asked me to officiate at their wedding. I'm not ordained but they were already legally married at the courthouse so I will be helping with celebration for family and friends.

Last night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Tonight is the wedding and tomorrow is a post wedding brunch.

Weddings of course are one of those rare times when you get to see so many family and loved ones all at once. Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, and good friends all gathered in the same place. Some I haven't seen since the last family wedding. I miss them all dearly in the times in between these celebrations and am happy and grateful for the occasions when we can all be together.

I spent hours last night visiting and talking, until my younger boys started to get tired, then it was home and to bed for them.

I know they were up last night a bit, my wife took care of them during the night. I hope they are well rested enough for the big day today. The eldest will be fine, he's old enough and mature enough to handle just about anything. The younger too might have a little trouble if they are light on sleep. They are both ring bearers. They seem to be in good shape right now and said they slept well.

In any even I am looking forward to visiting with family and friends again later this afternoon.

No comments: