Thursday, June 04, 2009

My New Grill, aka the Genesis Device, aka My New Chest Freezer

My birthday came early. I got a new Weber grill. My old grill literally fell apart after a 11 year run. This new grill is a monster and I was able to test it out tonight.



In 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn', the villian steals the Genesis Device, a device that can reorganize matter at a subatomic level to create life. I was thrilled to learn the model name of my grill is 'Genesis'. So I'll be referring to my grill as either the Genesis Device or the Genesis Torpedo. AWESEOME!


I had a hunch my wife was going to arrange this gift and Lowe's let the cat out of the bag with a few telephone calls letting me know about the delivery. They didn't say what it was, but I pretty much knew. Shannon said we were getting a new chest freezer. We've also been calling it our new chest freezer and we've taken to calling the gas canisters, bags of ice.


I'll probably alternate between grilling out on the chest freezer and the gensesis device for a long time.

I took it out on a shake down cruise tonight, grilling up a pair of burgers really quick. It's easy to use and I am quite happy with it. Tomorrow night I'll grill out for a crowd. It should be fun!

2 comments:

Amraphael said...

Beam me up, a weapon of massBBQ! You're such a lucky man.

Ernie Noa said...

Thanks Amraphael, I'm not just luck to have a nice grill, but to have a wife and family who are wonderful enough to get it for me.