Friday, June 12, 2009

Terrynomics

I reconnected with Terry, an old friend on Facebook a month or two ago. I have greatly enjoyed my correspondence with this gentleman and have even talked on the phone once or twice.

In 1994 Terry wrote the first online trading system which later became Ameritrade. He then went on to found Automated Financial Systems, a provider of financial software to banks and brokerages. Terry has held senior management positions at SunGard, a US based Fortune 500 software firm, and Brokat AG, a German based technology firm.

Terry now muses on economics, politics and foreign policy while preparing for an expanded family.

I started reading his blog on economics and was extremely impressed. Although he hasn't posted since just before the birth of his son I am going to book mark his blog. It's definitely worth reading.

The main address is: http://terrynomics.blogspot.com/

However I recommend reading this specific entry:
http://terrynomics.blogspot.com/2009/02/debt-deflation-is-progressive.html

The posts are long and the subject matter is complicated but it is excellent information and very well written.

No comments: