Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Birthday

My birthday was last Sunday. Thanks to all who made it very fun and memorable.

My day started off great. I was sound asleep at 6am then, "WHAM" the bedroom door is slammed open. My middle son (7 years) yells, "Happy Birthday", runs to the side of the bed, gives me a kiss, then sings happy birthday. Then he runs back out and "WHAM" slams the door closed.

I close my eyes and get comfortable again, very happy that the first thing he did was come wish me a happy birthday.

Then..."WHAM" the door slams open. My youngest son (6 years) is standing in the door. "Happy Birthday Dad", he yells. Then he sings happy birthday, trots to the side of my bed and gives me a kiss. He runs back out slamming the door behind him. "WHAM!".

What a great start to a great day.

My eldest son, wife, and the rest of my family all helped make it a great day, but that's the most I've ever enjoyed such a loud wake up call.

No comments: