Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Foot Pictures

If you have a weak stomach look away now!

I had my non-weight bearing cast removed today and a new weight bearing cast put on. I had an hour to rub and itch my foot in between which was great. The swelling has gone down considerably and the foot looks amazingly better than it did one month ago. I got to look at the screws and pins in my foot on the x-ray which was pretty cool.

Tomorrow morning after the cast dries I will be able to put weight on it. My calf has atrophied to the point where I didn't recognize my own leg. My good calf is firm and large and the other is small and very soft. It was rather shocking.

In one month I get into a boot and should begin driving again! Until then I will enjoy the increased mobility but will still rely upon the kind help from family and friends.

Close up of the big scar!

My feet together, but this really shows how much muscle I have lost in my right calf. It doesn't even look like my leg!

My feet together.

Swan song for the old cast. The new one neon green.

Another shot of the big scar.

Close up of the scar on the side of my foot.

This is the scar on the side of my leg where the loosened the muscle running down the side of my leg.

** UPDATE 3:34 pm **
My lovely wife asked for a picture of the new cast, so here it is! They were out of blue and my middle son asked for bright green. I guess he got his wish.

No comments: