Thursday, May 22, 2008

Foot Update

I am progressing nicely. I have much greater mobility than I did a few days ago. I am still keeping my crutches close by but I am able to move easily with one crutch and am able to walk more and more without any crutches. Walking with no crutches takes some adjustment. It seems like each time I try it I've forgotten how to do it and have to learn all over again.

My gait is awkward and slow but I am moving. My wife and my good friend Bruce are both very concerned about the impact it's having on my knee. I am double jointed and my knees can invert slightly but now they do so each time I am taking a step an putting weight on them.

My father-in-law and my mother both gave my a few exercises to try to help strengthen the muscles around my knee. I tried them last night and plan to continue with them.

My wife spend her entire lunch hour yesterday getting a knee brace for me. It didn't really help but I was most appreciative that she gave up her lunch hour and some cash to try to make me feel better.

My wife also got my appointment for my switch from the walking cast to the boot moved up by 4 days. WOO HOO!!!!!!!! Way to go Shannon! Woo hoo! (husband cheers enthusiastically).

No comments: