Saturday, May 10, 2008

Walking Soon

The itching of the cast is nearly maddening but this Wednesday I should be in a walking/weight bearing cast. I'm told I can walk 'as tolerated'. I'll feel better with some mobility restored and am anxious to do more around the house.

My wife is a saint. You wouldn't believe the amazing job she's done with the kids and with me for the past four and half weeks. The support from both of our families has been equally amazing. My close friend Bruce has also help, taking me to and from work each day and grabbing me coffee or water at the office. The help is appreciated but I can help but feel a bit guilty that my condition is causing such an imposition upon people. I know everyone is happy to help but if I were healthy they'd have more time to do the things they want and need to do.

Things should improve this week.

No comments: